MOVIE REVIEW: Christopher Robin



*spoilers*

*



*
*
*
*
*
I saw Christopher Robin last night. I liked it. I thought it was a semi-biographical story about Christopher Robin Milne but that the characters from his past showed up and were in his head. For those of you who don't know, I have had two books published about Disneyland and Disney movies. I have quite a bit written about the Pooh movies. In my research, I learned a lot about Christopher and his father's life. One of the things I noticed was that his daughter was named Madeline and in real life her name was Clare, and she had severe cerebral palsy. His father also didn't die when he was a child but after he was an adult. He was even denied entrance to the military. His father used his influence to let his son join as a sapper, or engineer/infantry. He also got married, to his cousin, and had his daughter after he returned from the military. So this all threw me off. Then I realized that his and his families last name was "Robin." So, I started watching the movie as a movie and not as having any real connection to the actual Christopher Robin.
I didn't like how Rabbit and Owl looked like real animals while the rest of the characters looked like stuffed animals.
I liked how Richard Sherman was in the credit scene playing the piano on the beach. He and his late brother, Robert, were referred to as "The Sherman Brothers" and were responsible for the music in films like Mary Poppins, Jungle Book, Sword In The Stone, and on rides like It's a Small World, Carousel of Progress, and in the Enchanted Tiki Room. Robert was brought in to write the music for this movie, which is fitting because he and his brother wrote the music for Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (1966), Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day (1968), and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (1974), and The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh (1977), and that makes me happy. 😊
If the music sounds a little "Pirates of the Caribbeanish" its because Geoff Zanelli was the composer and he composed music for all 5 of the Pirates films.
This is also Marc Forster's first Disney film to direct.
I liked seeing Mackenzie Crook selling the newspapers. He was Ragetti in the Pirate's films.
I also liked seeing Hayley Atwell (Evelyn Robin) and Toby Jones (Owl) in a movie together as they are both in the MCU as Peggy Carter and Dr. Arnim Zola.
This movie also brought together Oliver Ford Davies (Sr. Winslow) and Ewen McGregor (Christopher Robin). They haven't been in a film together since the Prequel Star Wars trilogy as Sio Bibble and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
All in all, the story was good and the lessons were great for adults in teaching them to put family before work. Who needs a place to live and food to eat anyway. Lol
I give the film 8/10.
Check out my Disney book with over 3,700 fun facts about Disneyland and Disney movies www.DisneyGuy.org.

Comments

  1. BRAVO JOSHUA!!! BRAVO!!!! I remember the stories my late Mum used to read us, and I do have an original Pooh bear....The movie was just absolutely delightful!!! My hubby and I saw this together, and nothing moves him until he saw this movie!!! He chuckled, he laughed, and...........he cried!!! First time EVER he cried on a movie!!! WE both loved the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice way of writing the post. A person who doesn’t want to the spoiler will not scroll down further. It is going to be fun sharing this post with my friends and cousins. I read the whole post though because I don’t bother spoilers at all. I am soon going to start watching shows by Andy Yeatman as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Aren’t All of Them Disney Princesses? (updated 2023)

DISNEYLAND: Pirates of the Caribbean - History Of The Redhead and Female Pirates

MOVIES: Jabba The Hutt Was A Human